Monday, November 14, 2011

What are the estimated price range of Cartier engagement rings?

i know they are all going to vary in price b/c of their style, 4C's of the diamond, and the metal. but in general what would a .5-1c cost? are they starting at something like $5,000 or something like $10,000 and up?|||Oh yeah! They're very expensive. Try 10 to 15 Grand range for 1 ct.





I was looking into Tiffany, Hearts on Fire, Cartier, and DeBeers for my wife's ring.





I finally settled with getting a nice ring from Diamond Brokers of Florida:





www.dbof.com/shipping.htm





For the price that Cartier was asking for their 1895 solitaire style, I was able to get a bigger, more beautiful diamond ring for my wife!





Happy hunting!





*


*


*|||Tiffany's would use the best diamonds so their 1 carat diamond would be WAY different in clarity and colour than someone else's so the Tiffany price would be way up there. I am sure all Tiffany stones would be colour D (white) and flawless. For much larger stones there may be slight inclusions (after all it is difficult to get a 15 carat diamond - so if it has inclusions - so be it!)





Just found some princings... 2 carat round cut diamond enagement ring for $32,500. On the Tiffany's website it says the traditional "tiffany ring" 1 carat starts from $8500 and the half carat starts from $3000|||I had my heart set on a Tiffany diamond. I also looked at Cartier. What you need to ask yourself is, do you want a small brand-name, or a large no-name. The thing is, diamond retailers are all getting their diamonds from the same basic resources. There are only a handful of places in the world that have diamonds, so what you're buying when you buy Tiffany's, Cartier, De Beers, etc. is the label that the particular brand has been building for years. A diamond is a diamond. Think of it like buying fresh produce: it comes from the same crop, but goes to different stores. See what I'm saying. For the same price that I got my 1.01 carat solitaire, I could have gotten a .5 carat solitaire that didn't have nearly as good cut, color, clarity, polish, or symmetry from Tiffany's. Do you know why? Because Tiffany's hands out this little blue book, explaining why their diamonds are better. It tells you about all the standards that Tiffany's has for their diamonds. So I adhered to their standards, and looked up diamonds at www.bluenile.com. I selected a ring that fit all of their standards, and it's honestly the most sparkly diamond I've ever seen. I get compliments on it from strangers all the time. So yes, the retailers like Tiffany's, Cartier, and De Beers know what they're talking about with good diamonds, but they certainly aren't the only ones. Their prices reflect the cost that goes into building their expensive stores, paying respectable sales people-(not the random college kids working at the stores in the mall), and mainly: to their expensive ad campaigns.





If you have the money to spend at least $13,000 on a one carat from Cartier that is the lowest quality diamond they sell, then go for it. Or you can buy one for about $6,000-$10,000 with better quality from www.bluenile.com or another online retailer who doesn't have the high overhead cost of keeping a store open in which they serve champagne and have to pay rent and utilities. It's your choice. If I had millions of dollars, I still honestly wouldn't buy from the big retailers, simply because the diamond I have looks better than the ones I've seen in the stores,and it was so much more cost effective.|||no sweetie at the bear minimun is 10 grand and up and that's not even a 1ct! it's carier hun not zales...





Edit: Stop comparing Cartier to Tiffany's people.... Cartier blows tiffany's out of the water when it comes to engagement rings....

No comments:

Post a Comment